http://www.blogcatalog.com/directory/art/drawing Suchita Jain - Artist, Muralist: Who am I?

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Who am I?

Art is a medium to express your inner self. It speaks what words cannot say. It starts from truth and goes beyond imagination. It is real as well as abstract. It is logical but hypothetical. Above all it is a creation.

As a child, I used to be busy in my own colorful world, trying to transform my inner instinct onto the paper using colors and forms as the medium of expression. At that time, I did not even know the meaning of term “Art”. I always dreamt of becoming an engineer but never knew that there is some unknown force which is dragging me deep into my soul where Art was taking birth.

Being a mathematics student, which is a conceptual subject, I was always keen to create something ….something that has meaning but is abstract, unknown, different, that expresses me , my inner self, my thoughts, my experiences and all what I can not say. Over and above something that gives pleasure to me and everyone around me.

Eventually, with family support, I stepped into the world of art by opting a professional course in fine arts at undergraduate level where my teachers not only helped me to develop and refine my skills but also guided to the core or the essence of art. They made me aware of what actually art is.

It was the beginning of what I always wanted to do but never dreamt of….yes becoming an artist…!!!

- Suchita Jain is an emerging artist having worked in different areas of visual arts. Lately, she started focusing on canvas and mural as her expressions to thought. Her work has been displayed in various parts of the India including Mumbai, Indore, Jaipur. She has also displayed her work in suburbs of New York, USA. For more details please log on www.ripreet.com

No comments: